Thursday, February 11, 2010

Damn Symptoms..

Cramps or no cramps.. I don't know what makes me feel better. I was cramping a bit yesterday and feeling all excited (maybe implantation?!). Then I was laying in bed last night for what seemed like forever because I couldn't shut my mind off, and what I finally figured out is that in a normal cycle I would be getting my period about now, so the cramps are probably my body wanting to start my period, but good ol' IM progesterone isn't allowing it. Damn it. I'm 3dp6dt. Now I don't know HOW I want to feel.

Then, I was so furious yesterday because I got a bill from the hospital for an ultrasound at the beginning of stims when my RE let me do them in my hometown. I usually go to my OB for the first 3, but this one fell on a Saturday and he was going to be gone for the weekend. So I went into the hospital and the on call ultrasound tech came in. First off, she was very rude. She told me she wanted to start abdominally and I told her we always do them vaginally and the time the other ultrasound place in town tried it abdominally she couldn't see anything and I got charged for both, blah, blah, blah.. But what do I know?! She said since she's never scanned me before she was gonna try it abdominally. Well (obviously) we ended up transvaginally. After already being irritated that she wouldn't listen to me, the ultrasound took 40 MINUTES!! And..to top it off.. she wouldn't let me see the screen. So I'm staring at the ceiling, legs wide, wondering when it's gonna be over.. She didn't even talk to me the entire time. So, anyway, the point I'm getting at is I got the bill today and it's $594!!! They DID charge me for both. I'm calling today because I'm so pissed off. My OB charges me like $130. This is bullshit!!!

Anyway, thanks for listening. The things I think of at night when I can't fall asleep..

12 comments:

  1. Oh, and I should add - my order read, "TRANSVAGINAL ULTRASOUND." Not "Start abdominal and charge the patient twice if you'd like.."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, you better call them. I feel techs that work in hospitals always try to do transabdominal for some reason which really never adds to the picture or works for women stuff. Maybe they do it so they can charge for both. Make sure you tell them she was rude and didn't seem to know what she was doing. One of these scans should take 5 minutes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm usually not the kind to complain, but this is crazy. I don't think my RE or OB even takes 5 min LOL. Before I can even get comfortable they're done :) My husband was thinking something bad was going on because it took so long.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kelsey I'm 6dp3dt, so 9dpo like you. This is so hard. I want to know so badly right not if it worked or not. I don't have any symptoms to speak of. I have had mild cramps off and on as well. DH is actually pushing me to POAS but I told him it was too early. My clinic draws blood for a beta 11dpo, so Saturday, but they freeze the sample and run it when they draw the 2nd beta 13dpo. I will get the results on Monday for both samples. The waiting is agony.

    Regarding the u/s, if it was ordered transvaginal, I don't see how they can charge your for an abdominal u/s. You definitely need to argue that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dotty, when are you going to test? That's cruel that your clinic doesn't give you the results of #1 right away.. I guess they don't want you to get your hopes up if #2 doesn't double, but still!! I'm thinking of going to the Dollar Tree today and buying 5-6 tests. I figure I'll start testing tomorrow morning and everyday thereafter. I'm sure it's too early, but I can't stand this wait! My beta isn't until Tuesday, but I want to have an idea before then since I'll be at work when I get the call. I don't wanna have a meltdown while I'm working! But then on the other hand, sometimes I feel like I don't wanna know because if it's negative, life still moves on. One of my favorite quotes "The world doesn't stop for your grief." So true. Sometimes I wish we could put life on pause and let ourselves have some time..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ridiculous, Kelsey! DO NOT let them get away with charging you for something that wasn't ordered and that you told the tech not to do. Unbelievable. (0_0)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just talked to the billing dept. She said she doesn't have the authority to make any changes, but she will email the director of the department and get back to me. And I was wrong, they didn't charge me $594, that was only for one. It ended up being $879.14 for both. I thought the other charges were labs but some of it was the other ultrasound. So my bill looks like this:

    Lab, General $14.37
    Lab, Chem (3) $234.23
    Oth Imag U/S (2) $594.66
    Oth Diag Per Lab $284.48

    Total Charge $1127.74

    Looks like they charge in units since there's a (2) next to one of them.. probably every 1/2 hour. Next time I'll go to my RE early and pay to stay in a 5 star resort for that price..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kelsey, do whatever it takes...that is obscene! Go in there and talk personally with the Dept. head, if necessary. Maybe your doctor would be willing to advocate for you?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kelsey those are crazy charges. None of this is covered by insurance? I guess it would have been included in your cycle fees at the clinic. I agree, a nice hotel, a massage, and a facial would have been cheaper.

    Regarding my beta's, I think it's a calibration issue. The equipment they use the test the serum can have slight variations from day to day, so if they run them at the same time, they can ensure the machines are resulting everything the same. The numbers they spit out are not as important as the difference between them. They also test very early, so they are looking at very low results. I will still have the results at 13dpo which is earlier than most clinics as far as I can tell. If it's positive, I will do a 3rd beta at my medical group 10 days later.

    ReplyDelete
  10. kelsey-You need to raise hell until they fix your problem. Thats all kinds of wrong!! and heres a suggestion: download Bob Marley's Three Little Bird....Hit repeat and relax : )

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is outrageous. Fight, fight, fight!

    ReplyDelete