Monday, February 8, 2010

I Confess: Dogs & Sneezes

I confess...I'm currently worrying about two silly things: dogs & sneezes.

Last night, my mom's small but heavy-for-his-size dog pounced on my lap and one of his paws landed squarely on what I think was my uterus.  It hurt for a few seconds.  Did it dislodge the sesame seed?

I've been having crazy-bad allergies for the last 24 hours.  I'm sneezing a lot...and quite vigorously, which means lots of intense abdominal muscle contractions.  Is the sesame seed now sesame paste?

4 comments:

  1. Do not worry. You're sesame seed is protected by your uterus and pubic bone and lots of other layers too. And it's ok to take claritin or zyrtec in pregnancy. But you will still worry. I've often said, I wish we could just be put to sleep until our 6 wk ultrasound.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had the same thing happen to me with my dog, she pounced on my stomach right after the transfer. I was mad, but she's too cute to stay mad at :)

    I think they're deeper (and safer) in there than we can imagine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you're safe. The nurses at my clinic actually have to tell you when you are leaving from your ET that you cannot, "Cough, burp, sneeze, poop, pee, or laugh" your embryos out. haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. After my ET, even though I had to pee soooo bad, I didn't want to go because it felt like I would push the embryo right out LOL. The nurse reassured me that if this was possible, they wouldn't let us leave the clinic :) It's funny how paranoid we get though! I felt like I was TTC all over again.. feet over head, butt up.. no lettin' that little baby drain back out haha!!

    ReplyDelete