Saturday, February 27, 2010

Finding my tribe... way out in the blog~o~sphere!

I am newly added to this blog, but not newly infertile. I have been at this now for just about 4 years... my IF resume reads:
2 IUIs
2 Fresh IVFs
2 Frozen IVFs
2 losses
3 Fertility offices
and 4 IVF Doctors

I am a veteran and I'm not so proud of it, but I am proud of the strength I have found that gets me up and out of bed everyday and the smile I always seem to crack when I see my husband or my ability to still laugh at things that are funny. Besides that, I feel like a shell of a person, and yes, isolated from the rest of the world.

All this will hopefully be coming to an end and a new page will be turned in this saga. Hopefully a new character (or two) will emerge and the heroine and hero will have their day in the sun.

I am getting ready to do some more immunological testing - more specifically I am being tested for implantation issues. Finally I found a Dr at SIRM / Sher Institute that will not only listen to me, but also do tests that my other idiot Drs felt were "out there." Do I dare say I am hopeful....?

We have 3 frosties and once my tests come back and we see what's-what, I will begin another FET this Spring... gulp!

I am grateful to be a part of this amazing blog! Writing has kept me somewhat sane over the last few years and am so happy to have found a safe and supportive place to share my emotional guts - without being "kicked out!"

I look forward to reading all of the posts and more importantly I look forward to knowing all of you forever and ever.

Oh and if any of you live in or near NYC.... let's go get some lunch!!

14 comments:

  1. Welcome Baby Bump! As long as your name isn't Dave, you've definitely found your tribe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is definitely the place for you, baby bump. your 'resume' looks pretty similar to mine (2 fresh and 2 frozen). i hope that you finally find the right "answer" as to why it hasn't been working for you so far. i'm still on that hunt as well...

    welcome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome B3! How did you find us? You are definitely in the right place. I am losing count of how many cycles I've done. If it weren't for my fertile sister...not sure what I'd be doing now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the warm welcome!! bbchi - I saw a link to this blog on Christa's "Fearlessly Infertile" blog... I followed the breadcrumbs and was so happy to know what happened to all of you that I have followed and even befriended on FT.

    Now let's kick some INFERTILITY ASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome BBB! No where else will you find a greater group of IF girls!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hey bbb-are you bellacossina? Im thinking you are according to your sig. All the different names throw me off

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wondered if that was bellacossina...I remember thinking we had so much in common on FT! Similar ages, similar amounts of IF torture.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welcome! This is where it's at!

    Oh and I'm in NYC. I'm also going to SIRM for my next (4th IVF)cycle... was gonna be in April, now it looks like May. If you want to hang out sometime, let me know-( h.l.ruckford at gmail dot com) Would be nice just to get some tea and croissants or something. I'll be doing immune treatments next cycle because I really have a hunch that I have some autoimmune issues.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Welcome BBB! DH & I have an apartment in Union, NJ. I get there every couple of months. He mostly comes home on the weekends. Next time I am there Barren, you and I should meet up!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi BBB, welcome to our beautiful disfunction:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey B3 -- glad you found us. Love your blog. Have been sitting here reading all your posts. If I knew you IRL, I might have to marry you -- I love you that much. Oh my god, some of the stuff you wrote could've been written by me. I thought I was the only one who had some of these thoughts. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I heart all of you!!! Yeup, it's me Bellacossina- I do have too many "cyber names" My google account through me...anyways, I will streamline my names for ease to the reader. Barren, we've exchanged post on the ill-fated FT - Hell ya we should meet!!!!!! I'm in the city- I will email you :)
    Bbchi- we also exchanged posts- I think....
    Mango, you crack me up!!! Thanks for reading my emotional babble- I know I'm not alone or unique in my struggles and it's been truly amazing to "meet" all of you incredibly strong and resilient women!!

    Now what's this about unicorns farting rainbows?? Clearly an inside joke ;)

    ReplyDelete