Thursday, February 25, 2010

IM's with my mom. (I'm drinking a lot tonight).

3:00pmAlicia (mom)

Audrey & Elvin are having a boy!!!!

3:02pmLizz

i dont care about peoples new babies

3:03pmAlicia (mom)

That is a little selfish of an attitude .. Don't you htink?

3:04pmLizz

i think i'm entitled to be selfish, ivf sucks.

3:04pmLizz

you have no clue.

3:05pmAlicia (mom)

I can understand how you feel. ivf does suck. But still rejoyce in the blessing that others have and share in their joy.

3:06pmLizz

i hardly know those people and don't care about their new baby. you should be a little more considerate about announcing pregnancies to someone who is struggling with infertility

3:08pmAlicia (mom)

So sorry if this subject is a difficult one for you.

So if any of your siblings is going to have a baby or Irene or any one you do not want to know and be happy for them ...?

3:09pmLizz

i'll be happy for my realtives, not random people i don't know.

3:09pmAlicia (mom)

So sorry if this subject is a difficult one for you.

3:09pmLizz

i have to go

3:09pmAlicia (mom)

OK will keep it in mind and do not go there with you any more.

3:12pmAlicia (mom)

I will pray for peace and God's will to be done in your life. Love you.

13 comments:

  1. Oh boy! I think I have been there with my mom before. She annouces some random person she works with daughter who is 15+ years younger than I is pregnant - great - good for her. I really don't care. Way to hang in there. Hopefully the announcements slow down now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. UGH! Wow...how's that for support and understanding? *sigh* Sorry, Lizz. =(

    ReplyDelete
  3. i know right, 2 days in a row of shit! i'm staying away from the computer/phone tomorrow for this very reason.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oy... you can tell she means well, but just doesn't "get it". neither does my family. hang in there...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry Lizz!! By bff is pretty insensitive too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a kinder version of a conversation with my husband monday morning. Started the day on a bad note and DH calls me at 9 am to tell me his friends wife(who is the BIGGEST bitch EVER) was pregnant again(had a m/c a few months ago) and we have the same due date. I respond by saying "i dont fucking care about that bitch"
    dh: Sorry I called you
    me: its not your fault, shes just a cunt and i dont care about anything good happening to her
    dh: ill talk to you when you have calmed down

    I think its a bad thing when youre using the C word before 9 am!

    ReplyDelete
  7. you can use the c-word whenever you want. time of day is not a factor. some people are just that. all day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Golde, we miss you when you're quiet. I think your reaction was perfectly justified. Of course, I'm not exactly a objective outsider either. I don't wanna hear crap about other people having babies either. The ones who are related to me, that's unavoidable...but everyone else can stuff it in their fertile nether regions!

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh Liz, I'm sorry you had to deal with that. It's never easy hearing news of other peoples pregnancies. I don't think that ANYONE who hasn't gone through this understands how much it hurts us to hear of other peoples happiness when inside we are dying. My family is the same way!! I think I got through to them when they kept telling me about my SIL and her struggles, I snapped and they don't bring it up much anymore. She still does but she's just a big fat dummy that doesn't get ANYTHING. I think we have to be strong and stand up for ourselves and hopefully they get the msg. If not then try to keep your distance...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry Lizz, gotta love moms.
    I got into it w/ my mom yesterday, but on different topic.
    Me: I am looking for a loan to remodel out house
    Mom: Do you think that's a wise decision? Don't you have credit card debt from IVF?
    Me: IF I CAN'T HAVE A FUCKING BABY, THEN I SHOULD AT LEAST BE ABLE TO HAVE MY HOUSE!!!
    Mom: OK honey...good luck.

    Sometimes I think I scare her:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad you stood your ground and told her you didn't want to hear it. My mom is very intelligent, no common sense or couth "Are ya pregnant yet" Finally had to scream at her last month 'NO AND STOP ASKING STUPID F-ING QUESTIONS"
    She doesn't ask anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG. I have SOOOO been there with my mom.
    After saying, "Talk nice to my grandbaby eggs. I want happy grandchildren," I had to tell her I wasn't sharing anymore with her and I will let her know when I am pregnant.
    And, the day after my first failed IUI (I now look at IUIs as a joke), she was sooo excited to tell me about my cousin's wife getting pregnant.
    I want to drop-kick my mother on a daily basis.

    ReplyDelete