Monday, February 22, 2010

It never ends, or does it?

Hey ladies, I had a terrible terrible Friday. Not only were my "symptoms" from the D&C horrendous the doc wanted me to come in to check me out to be sure things were good. As I got that call from my doc while bleeding terribly with HUGE clots, a guy in my office walks by with his wife and their new baby. I had successfully avoided them but since I had to take docs call in the conference room I ran into them. He asked me to come over and see the baby. I said, "I really don't think this is a good time for me to be around babies. Please take no offense." Then I ran off before I cried in the office and went to the doc. His face was pure shock. Our receptionist told him for me. I am thankful for that. Doc said I was going to be fine but that things may be bad for a day or two more. Ugh. Haven't I already been through enough. Then on my way to the airport Friday night to pick up DH I get a call from a friend in Minneapolis. She's 13 weeks. Are you kidding me? Seriously, when is it going to be my turn. It's her second.

Luckily Midol came to the rescue Friday night (thanks to my doc for the advice) and our weekend was saved. DH and I went to an art show Saturday, bought three pieces for our home, then went to a great dinner with friends at an amazing place here in Atlanta. I walked two miles Saturday and 5 miles Sunday. I can now fit into my work pants which I could not wear last week. Yay. Dh says we're nesting again. He might be right. I started touching up paint in our house and am getting ready to paint the middle bedroom (supposed to be a baby's room). Just cannot let it sit there undone anymore since, clearly, a baby is not in our near future.

10 comments:

  1. Ok JPS, you're definitely in the running for worst weekend ever.

    That "friend" who called you to give you the "good" news...does she know what you're going through? Cuz if she does, she SUUUUUUCKS. And if she doesn't, it would have been to be the perfect time to say (in a sing song-y voice), "I have some news tooooo...I just had a miscarriage!" Then enjoy *her* uncomfortable silence as she squirms to figure out what to say. Put the fertile in the hotseat for a change!

    I'm glad you were able to get out and do some enjoyable stuff...even if you're in the middle of a shit storm right now. =( It's not fair!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks KB. She actually did not know what I had just gone through. But, I did tell her. She felt really bad and said she would have not called me to tell me this particular night had she known that. But she did say she wanted to call me along with the other friends in our group before I saw something on FB or heard from one of the girls. I understand that as well. I would have really been mad if I had heard it from someone else. ;-) I think if you're a fertile - you're dammed if you do and dammed if you don't!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I think you're right about the fertiles being damned either way. But...there are degrees of damnation. LOL!

    And...the biggest difference...they're damned with a sometimes effortless baby(s). So, they don't get much sympathy from me. :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh JPS... what a shitty weekend. Running into preggos and babies is the worst during RE visit, I just hate it.
    Glad to know that you made the most of it and had some fun activities.

    ReplyDelete
  5. JPS-
    Ugh. Sometimes the timing of things could not possibly get any worse. You are much stronger than me. I so admire that you set a boundary and said it wasn't the right time for you to be around a baby. That takes guts and it was definitely the right thing to do. Please continue to take care of yourself. I'm sure the long walks are helpful. My evening walk is often the highlight of my day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We also have a room earmarked for a baby's room. It has nasty paint and spaceships painted on the walls by the previous owners for their boys. I thought maybe I should paint it to welcome future babies. Still haven't done it. So the spaceships continue to taunt me.

    Sorry JPS. It is so painful waiting for that turn.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so sorry Hun! What a crappy start to your weekend! I'm glad you and your DH were able to find some enjoyment in the weekend though. I'm also glad you took advantage of the beautiful weather we had this weekend by getting out and walking. If you ever want a walking buddy just let me know I walked a mile Saturday and 4 miles on Sunday out on the Greenway.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you had the nerve to tell your coworker firmly but politely to piss the fuck off. I'm sick of always having to be "nice."

    ReplyDelete
  9. bbchi: Are you going to paint the room? I feel like if we move on and paint the room I'll feel less restless. It's like I want everything around me to be organized so that I can completely relax about everything. I guess I am a little OCD right now!

    Beka: I can walk anytime during the week with you if you want to meet up! Hopefully daylight savings time is just around the corner and will give us more daylight!

    ReplyDelete
  10. JPS, I'm so sorry for what you're going through. To answer your question ... yes, you definitely have had enough. Hope you are feeling better soon. And good for you for setting boundaries with the new dad.

    ReplyDelete