Thursday, February 25, 2010

The Dreams of This IF Girl

For years, I've dreamed that I have a baby...and have experienced life without the weight of infertility.  Of course, that feeling is quickly snatched away within seconds of waking up to reality.  Those dreams are both cruel and magnificent.

Last night I had my first miscarriage dream.  It was relatively short and followed a very prolonged sexual dream.  (I wonder if the "no sex" directive makes me paranoid even in my dreams.)

In my dream, I held the expelled blob in my hand and it looked like the artists' renderings of an embryo (not like the indistinct blob you see on an ultrasound.)  I remember standing there in my dream, staring at this thing in my hand, looking to see if there was still a heartbeat (thinking maybe they could just put it back in.)

What a strange, strange dream.  It actually took me a bit to snap back to reality after I woke up and realize that, as far as we know, there are still 2 blobs and 2 hbs.

I wonder how many Fertiles experience this kind of fear and paranoia in their sleep?  My guess is that most of them dream of babies dressed in Easter finery, laying on blankets in meadows of flowers and bunnies...surrounded  by perfect, happy, well-adjusted friends and family.  That must be nice....

5 comments:

  1. ohh kb what a nightmare.
    but the nightmares (and vivid dreams) are a good sign, it means that your hormone levels are super high.
    I hope you have sweet dreams tonight.

    (sorry that was a total unintentional unicorn & babydust sounding reply!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHA, nah...that was within acceptable limits. :P

    Thanks for the reassurance. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ok..so I dreamed the other night that i was bleeding clots and making my friends look at the toilet paper and grade how big they thought the clots were....weird!
    But last night I had a CRAZY dream that ended with me outside the local hospital and hundred of helicopters in the sky and a girl runs out and says we were under chemical attack! I woke up at 4:30 am exactly and was freaking out. I have never heard my house be so quiet and it took me about a minute to realize I wasnt in the midst of a chemical crisis!
    I guess Ill take crazy dreams over puking anyday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. KB, Did the blob start singing, "Hello, my baby; hello, my honey; hello, my ragtime gal ..."?
    Just curious. 'Cause that would have been one of MY dreams.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Golde - Yet another case of our symptoms mirroring each other. Interesting.... ;-)

    ReplyDelete