Monday, February 22, 2010

So now I wait again....

Hello! I finally figured out the whole blog site, and even managed to get a profile pic added! Yeah me! Anyway-
So- I had my m/c about three weeks ago and now I need to wait to see if I get a period. Well, prior to November 2009- I had not had a period for 10 years without taking IF injectibles. So the only periods I had were from failed IUI's. So- fast forward to 2009 when I switched a medication I am on for a seizure disorder, and 6 months later I get a period (thought the estogen in my system was noticable after 1 month of the drug switch)...and then I got pg in Dec and had blighted ovum. So- now I am waiting to see what happens with my cycle. I know it can take up to 6 weeks to get a period- but for someone who has no history of seeing that- I am a little freaked out that it simply won't ever come back. Like that m/c I just had was my miracle "one chance" to have a cycle occur without all the drugs. I can't say I am having massive anxiety- but I am so confused about how this is going to proceed since it is really unchartered ground. huh.
demold

3 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear this. I am worried too about how long it will take HCG levels to come down and then how long til my next period after the D&C. But, it's out of my control. Stress, I think, will only make it worse. Three weeks after seems too early for a period or to be worrying about it. If, after 5 weeks maybe call your doc and mention all this. They might put you on meds to make it come. Sometimes, I think, our bodies need help to work. But, don't stress. You'll be OK.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. That kind of uncertain waiting must be really rough. You have no way of knowing if it will come at all. I assume you're hoping it will come on its own, right? I hope the seizure medication change was what really made the difference and that you have somewhat regular cycles from now on. It would be nice to experience some normalcy, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Deemold sorry about all the uncertainty. Are the doctors monitoring your hcg levels? I have normal periods, but it did take almost exactly 6 weeks to have a period after my d&c in Nov. It was reassuring to know my body had recovered and cycled. I hope it works naturally for you as well. How long does your doctor want you to wait for AF?

    ReplyDelete