Sunday, February 21, 2010

Fertiles are so weird!

Went out to dinner/drinks with some friends last night. One of them has a baby who's not quite a year old. She ordered a Coke. So I ripped the bandaid off myself and said, "You're knocked up again, aren't you?" She said yes. She's 8w6d and no betas, no ultrasound (she is a doctor too so has access to such things). Can you imagine just getting pregnant from having sex and then just assuming all is well? Waiting till 11 or 12 weeks for your first ultrasound? SO WEIRD!

10 comments:

  1. Well isn't that great...and before you could even get your first U/S.

    We're sooooo lucky we get so many more tests than the fertiles. I'll bet she didn't even get to pray to Joan once, or experience the sweet, sticky joy of vagina honey. What an empty exercise it must be for her. Fertiles *are* weird...stupid beetchez!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...ALSO!

    I love that their idea of "being careful" with what they consume is getting something with caffeine in it and not alcohol. Must be nice, really effin' nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. KB - you hit it on the nail. I could not imagine getting something like that at dinner if I am knocked up! Lucky bitch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh... the child-like naivete that fertiles enjoy...makes you just want to pat them on their little heads. If only they knew!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sure she's a lovely young lady, but I.HATE.HER.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah, that was my first thought: She ordered a Coke???? With caffeine???? Which we would never do, b/c God forbid something bad happened ... we'd forever think it was OUR FAULT for ordering a stupid Coke.

    ReplyDelete