Sunday, February 28, 2010

Am I crazy or just a normal IF?

I was supposed to be having my 3rd beta tomorrow but instead I drove myself straight to my RE's office first thing Thursday morning and demanded one! I've been spotting on an off since before I got my positve results. (TMI alert!) I haven't worried too much because I know that can be normal and it's been very light and more of a brownish and some times pink. Well on Wednesday I noticed that I was having some odd twinges and abdominal pains. Not cramps...but definitely something. It had me a bit worried but I thought I'd wait it out a little while. I went to lunch with some co-workers and by the time I got back I realized that the pains had stopped! I was just thinking too much about it. But then I went to the bathroom and noticed that I was no bleeding. Red. And to top it off the twinges and pains came back.

I immediately ran into an emtpy office and called my RE's office. My nurse asked me questions about what I was feeling and about the bleeding and then continued to reassure me that everything I was telling her was common and to just take it easy, lay down when I got home, drink plenty of water and try not to worry (ha!). She did tell me that if I wanted to I could make an appointment for Thursday or Friday for another beta. They would have done an u/s but it was just too early in the pgncy for them to see anything. I told her that from her reassurances I felt okay about it and if it didn't go away or if it got worse over night I would call them the next day.

Sure enough that night, even though I went straight to the couch and didn't get up for anything until it was time to go to bed, the bleeding got a bit worse. Needless to say the next morning I didn't even bother calling them. I went straight to their office and got there right after they opened.

Thankfully when I got the beta back that afternoon everything was great!! My beta was 989.9. Exactly what it should be!! I felt 100 times better! And that night the bleeding even went back to a brownish spotting. But because my RE was so happy with my beta #'s they decided I didn't need to keep my appointment for another beta on Monday. I'm wishing they would've kept it, especially because I'm bleeding again today. :o( I feel like it's probably nothing again but I just can't help but worry! Is it going to be like this the entire pregnancy?! Or at least 1st trimester?! Do fertiles worry about every little thing like this?

5 comments:

  1. Yes, we worry about everything. I worry if I'm having symptoms, I worry if I'm not having symptoms. We're like IF zombies. I'll let you know if I stop worrying, but I don't expect that to happen. Sorry. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. beka, I have read in lots of places that its totally normal for IVF pgs to have spotting, sometimes quite heavy. Apparently all those drugs make the lining so extra juicy, that a bit of it gets shed in the early days. So instead of worrying, just think of it as the embie throwing off some of the sheets - "mom, it's too cushy in here!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep...IF zombies is quite accurate!!! I dont think ill stop worrying either. I was thinking the other day that I might stop once the baby's born, but im pretty sure ill just start worrying about things like SIDS and kidnapping :) neverending cycle! My nurse told me that bleeding and spotting are completely normal, as long as they arent heavier than a menstrual period. Ill be thinking about you! Whens your first u/s?

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is normal-crazy to worry so much. If I were you I would go to the ER and get an u/s. I had some issues with spotting at 6 and 8 weeks and the only thing that made me feel better was seeing the little blob on the screen. The spotting is most likely from a vanishing twin (unless you only transfered one?)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beka05,
    Sounds exactly like what I went thru 2 times, worrying every minute and over analyzing every twinge in body and pattern of bleeding... I would have done exactly same thing if I were in your position... what a relief, that Beta number is great honey! phew! I've also heard bleeding is normal... try to relax...
    are you taking PIOs or suppositories?

    ReplyDelete