Sunday, March 14, 2010

My WTF meeting outcome, plus a bitch

Hey girls,

Been MIA for a while. Relatives over from UK so no piece and quiet to correspond. I am at the hospital library atm to get some alone time!!!

So outcome of WTF meeting..... If you guys remember I had a nearly pregnancy last month but had really low progesterone which was not picked up until really late so not sure if that contributed to the crap outcome. Anyway RE said it may have been prog but also may not. I told him I was on prog pessaries (my own doing) whilst ttc naturally whilst waiting for next ivf round. His response, thats a good idea!! Hmm and he is being paid???

We went through all the possibilites of our "unexplained infertility" diagnosis. SA all ok (improved since DH on Menevit vitamin), prolactin levels all normal, HSG normal, chromosome tests all normal, fertilization rates of embryos all within expected range ie about 50%......

HOWEVER...... whereby originally RE was not concerned with endo as I did not have obvious signs (according to him) he now thinks it is a possibility... after ivf and fet failing after numerous iuis etc etc!!! Bearing in mind 18 months ago I told him I had a family history of severe endo and I had painful heavy periods with loose bowel motions all the time. RE stated b/c the HSG was clear and I had no pain on pelvic exam and no pain on intercourse he didn't believe I had it. My response this time was I WANT A LAPROSCOPY to rule it out. RE tried to make out that it was his idea to now do a lap to make sure what is going on in my uterus. I am furious seen as why the hell was it not done 18 months ago? And why did he say I didn't have it when I potentially could?

So the lap is potentially booked for next month however it may be cancelled seen as RE has put me on a private theatre list when I am a public pt so I may get cancelled if hospital admin find out. If that is the case it will be Aug until I can have op!

I am worried, angry, frustrated and feeling like a failure all rolled into one. Mainly really scared seen as I have always thought I could have endo so really worried about what they will find.

3 comments:

  1. I know how you feel. When I first started out with all this I was told I may have a septate uterus. My first appt with RE I mentioned it and he said he was going to check it out. Well, I had surgery to remove my tubes and he told me he didn't notice a septum so not to worry, also note that at almost every appt I had with him I mentioned it and he ruled it out. Well, thinking everything was fine I moved on to IVF which failed. I then demanded to get tested again for the septum just to make sure. Well, after doing a sonogram he told me I did have a septum and had to go for another surgery to fix the problem. I was devastated, I felt like he wasted my time and my money. I think these doctors sometimes give themselves to much credit. It's like they think just because you don't have the "normal" symptoms or it's not right at the surface it's not there. It's totally BS and sucks the big one. I hope everything turns out ok with you and you don't have endo, but I know how frustrated you feel right now and it's normal to be upset, He messed up and you have to be punished. I know it's easier said then done but try not to worry about it to much you will just getted yourself so stressed out!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry it's taken so long for your doctor to check out the endo...SO LAME! Hopefully you'll get it taken care of soon and can move forward.

    How is the visit from the relatives going? I remember you talking about them coming and possibly taking over your lives! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know I shouldn't worry until I know the results of the laparoscopy but of course I still do.

    My opinion is docs often are not born with ears. they may have a brain but it is no good without ears!

    Visit going ok but after 1.5 weeks now I just want a bit of piece and quiet.... I am at the library again!! To be far though I have to be at the library to do study.

    ReplyDelete