Thursday, March 25, 2010

Question?

I posted this in the google group but I'm posting it here too...

I'm thinking about doing my FET in April now (yes the latest pregnancy has helped change my mind) however, I have only been back on my pregfit with 5 mg of folic for the last 13 days plus taking ASA. I read recently that you should be taking them for atleast 2 months b4 getting pregnant. Do you girls think it matters much or should I be good to go? I figure my transfer should be around the 20th os so or April. So any advice what I should do??
I was also going to call today to go for some accupunture. What's the amount of accupunture that you girl recommend to be most effective

Any help or advise would be much appreciated

5 comments:

  1. What's ASA and why do you take it? And what's pregfit?

    ReplyDelete
  2. ASA is baby aspirin, it help with blood clotting and sorta acts like a blood thinner. Pregfit is a pregnancy vitamin with Folic acid (5mg) It's given by prescription!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH! OK. I do whole aspirin and Prenate, same stuff. I just hadn't heard of that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know my acupuncturist wanted me to do visit him for at LEAST a month before my IVF or its pointless to do. I went twice a week but then again his prices were dirt cheap ($150 for the whole month). Since my m/c I quit going because we're moving in 6 weeks and not doing any fertility treatments for a while. I probably won't find another acupuncturist in Connecticut

    ReplyDelete
  5. I did acupuncture for cycle #2. It got cancelled due to a crappy response. I didn't enjoy the acupuncture. It didn't relax me at all & obviously it didn't help my response. I think everyone is different. Give it a try & see if you like it. My RE definitely recommends it during 2ww to help relax. I think most people find it relaxing... Guess I'm just weird.

    ReplyDelete