Saturday, February 20, 2010

I confess:

My DH just said to me...bad news comes in 3's right?

1.) DH's dad is widowed and couldn't afford his townhome anymore. So we finally got an offer on it w/a date to close at the end of November. We moved him into an apartment. The damn thing still hasn't closed. The buyer's mortgage guy is a buffoon. Finally we got them to try a different person for the mortgage. Last night, got news that he can't get the buyer her loan because her co-signer (while she makes enough $$) basically has no credit history. Not a bad one, just none. So now he's in an apartment and the deal to buy his place may be in the shitter. Well, you say, just let the mortgage go into forclosure. Oh, that would be easy if DH hadn't cosigned a loan for his parents when they needed to refi their mortgage to get money out to pay for bills. So there goes our credit score. Total cluster fuck. I actually hate the phrase "cluster fuck" but can't think of anything better to use.

2.) We were going to get a rate change on our mortgage which would have dropped our interest rate 2%. Just talked to the bank this a.m. and they are renigging on their offer. Bad market, they say. No shit.

3.) What will the 3rd bad news be? Freaking out. About Wednesday. What if there's nothing alive in there? What if it's 3 in there? Why didn't we just put back 2 embryos? Are we greedy? When I have bad thoughts about all of this is that putting the bad thoughts out in the "universe" thus making them likely to come true? (anyone read "The Secret"?) With my past failures, am having a hard time just sticking to good positive thoughts. But maybe the 3rd bad news was just my husband getting stuck at work last night till 1030pm. Seemed bad at the time. DH also freaking out though. He actually told me to sneak my sister into the office and scan her tomorrow. But then my stomach started doing flip flops thinking about it. I don't think I can do it.

I was doing so great yesterday afternoon. It was 45 degrees and sunny and I had my window open driving home from work. Figured the weekend always goes by quick and then Wednesday would be here before you know it.

Now everything seems gloomy and doomy. Maybe I should just start hitting the bottle now. That always helps right?

I know I should be happy and grateful to be in a possible BFP position and for my awesome sister but I'm having a hard time right now.

10 comments:

  1. I'm actually feeling very Gloom and Doom today as well. Trying not to let it get to me but it is. I'm tired of telling my husband about it because he's the eternal optimist.

    Can you rent out the townhome till you find a new buyer? Maybe even rent it to the person who wants to buy it and sell it to them later when they get approved for a loan?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know all about freaking out and thinking to worst. I'm sorry about your DH fathers condo situation. I bought a condo in 2006 just before I met my DH. I can't sell it because I owe more than it's worth. So currently I am renting it. The rental income doesn't quite cover all the expenses but it does help a lot. I don't know what the rental situation is like in your area, but perhaps renting the condo for now would be something you could consider. Perhaps even offer to rent it to the potential buyer for a while until she can establish credit and qualify for a loan.

    As far as your refinance, that just sucks. Banks are dickwads anyway, all they ever want to do is screw their customers. Keep trying with other banks, perhaps you can get an even better offer. Or, you could go back to your bank to see if there is a compromise.

    As far as the embryos, you have to remember that odds are they are growing strong. Notice I say 'they'. Even if you did the u/s early, there is nothing you could do about what you see, so I think you should wait for Wed. Waiting during all of this is what makes us go mad. It will all be revealed in time, and hopefully it's only twins, or perhaps one really healthy embryo. Try having some fun to take your mind off of it for a while.....I know, easier said than done.

    I'm on sort of freaking out right now too, waiting for the beta results from yesterday. I keep thinking it will be low and I will be dealing with another B/O like last time. All of this sucks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh! That all sucks. I dunno...I think I'd scan the sister if I were you. If it's good news, you can breathe easy for a day or two...and if it's bad...you can get started with the processing. It's so not fair that we (IVF Girls) don't get to enjoy this like all the "normal" people.

    ReplyDelete
  4. bbchi---wow, sorry about the cluster fuck situation you're in! I'm thinking that your husband having to work late was #3. It's so much easier to feel and be positive for others. I wish we could all regain the part of us that naively accepts and embraces good news. IF is a nasty bitch!

    Hitting the bottle sounds like a good plan! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for your support girls. Means a lot to me. I'm perking up a little. We actually are looking into the renting situation. And it's going back on the market. So hopefully we'll be done with that whole thing in 2010. Going out tonight w/friends and will definitely be boozing a bit. I think DH and I were just caught up in all the irritating monetary news and it made us feel vulnerable and scared w/the IF situation. Wednesday will come soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Update: feeling better today...see what a jager bomb and a tequila shot can do?

    My tummy hurts a little though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. mmmm....now im jealous! If you wouldve added a redbull and vodka to the mix, it wouldve been a triple threat!!!
    And is that a beagle baby?!

    ReplyDelete
  8. She's a "beagle mix" according to the pound I got her from. She's kind of big for a beagle though. 60lbs. Maybe a hound. Who knows. Are you having another ultrasound anytime soon?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry for all the messed up shit you had to deal with over the past few days, nothing seems to ever be easy for us IF gals, Sucks ASS.. Hopefully you will get some AMAZING news on Wed and all that other crapola will disappear :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad you're feeling better, bbchi. It is true that bad news often brings its bad friends along and frightening financial situations especially seem to color everything grey! We're waiting on pins and needles for your news on Wednesday and I hope it breaks the round of bad luck. You've had enough of that.

    ReplyDelete