Sunday, April 11, 2010

More good news and Post-Op update!

I had my post op appointment March 29th and found out some crazy info. Apparently only PART of my tube had ruptured! Seriously? I'm sure it happens (obviously) but I've never heard of it before. My little blob and the part of the tube that it was in were both still in tact. To me this was both great and heartbreaking news. It's heartbreaking to know that my little one was still okay and yet they had to remove it. But the great news is that the whole tube hadn't ruptured! I was home alone for 5 1/2 hours from the time of rupture until I went to the hospital. I had suffered enough pain and lost enough blood with just a partial rupture. My doc never said it specifically, but the way he kept infosizing just how lucky I really am, I'm taking it that I'm lucky to be alive.

That's the crazy, now for the good news. Doc said we can try again RIGHT AWAY! Can you belive that? Everything I have read (thanks Dr. Google) said that it would be a minumim of 3 cycles after something like that. I guess Doc was happy with my recovery. He was happy just by looking at me, apparently I look like a real person again (One day I want to be a real boy!! Err...girl!), no longer ghostly. But yeah, he said as soon as AF arrives we can start again if we want. Of course, that's still months considering I'm still waiting for my hCG levels to 0 out and then for AF to finally decide to show her ugly face again. At that appointment my hCG levels had fallen to 37. I go in tomorrow for another beta test. We're hoping it will be 0 by then.

Two days after that appointment DH and I flew to Pittsburgh for a mini vacation and to check out a new city. We had had the trip planned for at least 6 months but it really couldn't have come at a better time. It was SUCH a nice break physically and mentally. It really was exactly what we needed. We are now planning a trip to the Domincan Republic during Memorial Day weekend. I've never been out of the county and we thought it would be nice to have another relaxing trip before jumping back in to everything.

My last bit of news...I did not ask Doc about a free cycle. He's not my regular RE (I haven't seen him yet), and quite frankly I'm a pussy. I love my RE and his staff and I think my clinic is great, I don't want to stir things up. AND I called my RE's office and asked how much we had in credit with them (I knew we had some, but wasn't sure how much). The receptionist looked into it for me and informed me that we have $3900 in credit!!! That's a few hundred dollars MORE than what we need for another FET! I was blown away! Our insurance must have paid more than what we thought. We had already maxed out our infertility coverage for the year so that credit really made the difference on us trying sooner than later.

It's been great having some good news after all the bad. And although it can never erase what we went through at least it's not blow after blow. I just don't know how much of that I could take right now.

5 comments:

  1. That *is* good news, Beka. I'm happy to hear you've healed well and that you won't be delayed by anything other than the HCG. It's still awful that you had to endure what you did...but hey, it could have been worse, and it wasn't. Sometimes, that's all we have to celebrate.

    Good luck on your next cycle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you're okay. The travelling sounds fun! Seems you've really bounced back. I'm happy to hear that you're taking care of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great news Beka, Glad you are back to good spirits and had a nice mini vacation. Hopefully by the next appt. your HCG will be back to 0 you are able to get things moving. As for demanding a free cycle or money back for their screw-ups, I felt the same way as you did. When they screwed up with me and did IVF b4 removing the septum I was so angry and wanted them to do something for me (free cycle or FET) but I to was a pussy to ask or demand anything. I also love my RE and the whole staff there and didn't want them to hate me because I went crazy ninja psycho bitch on them (which is probably what I would have done, I have never been good with a friendly confrontation lol) I guess I realized that I have to accept the fact that they sometimes screw up and we sometimes just have to deal with it, sad but true!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's exactly what I keep trying to tell myself KB..it all REALLY sucks but I'm still lucky it wasn't worse. It's better to focus on the positive right? Sometimes it's the only way to get through this crap.

    It sucks that sometimes we do have to deal with other people's screw ups! We're actually going in to see our RE next Wednesday. It will be the first time seeing him since the u/s where he said everything was good. Should be interesting to hear what he has to say.

    I'm happy to report that my hCG level was 0 on Monday and I actually started today!! I about fell off the toilet when I went in there and saw some blood on the tissue. I was that shocked! It's been one month to the day since everything happend. We will be starting a new FET right away, will start Lupron June 3rd.

    ReplyDelete