Wednesday, April 14, 2010

I'm a newbie, hear me roar

Hello ladies- I read the intro to this blog and it made me laugh out loud. I wanted to be part of it right away! I am so sick of this lollipop- cute fluffy puppy- baby dust- "yay let's all get our BFP" ladies on the IVF boards out there. I've been looking for more support in big-bad-internet land.

The sad, long version of my story can be found here:
Our Story

(And please, feel free to drop by/ follow/ whatever...)

But the short version is as follows:

Met hubby in 2001, love of my life
Married in 2003
Started trying to conceive on my birthday (yikes) end of 2005
Things aren't working by early 2006, see RE #1
A series of IUI's with clomid, then Follistim 2006-2008. All BFN. They think we ned IVF, we freak out. No one else we know has children then.
We take some time off, go to counseling, think about what we need.
2009- Switch RE's for work related reasons
2 IUI cycles with Femara. The second one is a BFP!
Scared but excited. We miscarry at 6 weeks in 6/2009.
Do two more IUI's, and get another BFP, but it's a chemical 8/2009.

We move on to IVF and long story short, our clinic dicked us around a bit, and we didn't get to cycle until Nov/Dec 2009. The IVF was disappointing. 10 retrieved, only 2 eggs were mature and fertilized. The one died right away. The other did make it to a 3 day transfer was a day behind. BFN.

IVF # 2 in March. Another cycle, same protocol (Long Lupron). My follies are all over the place in size. One dominant follicle (was like 4/ 5 cm at that point!) So they advise me to stop the cycle since we are out of pocket for this cycle.

Fast forward to the present:

Still waiting for AF from that failed cycle. It's been 6 weeks. We switched RE's, and I feel very positive about it. However, I feel kind of hopeless in general. This is getting tougher as time goes on, not easier! People are getting pregnant all around me, the biggest stab was my best friend who is unmarried/ totally unplanned. I feel so very stuck in my life, in my career, in my town I live in. I just want to shake it all up like a snowglobe or something and let it settle. But, this is where I am.

So yes, that's my story. Despite its depressive nature, I can still be happy and silly at times. Looking forward to getting to know you ladies. I love to blog instead of working.

18 comments:

  1. oh and that pic of you and Dh on your blog is amazing! where is that, zermatt?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Thanks for sharing your story with us...I think you'll fit in quite nicely around here.

    Feel free to poke around the blog and get to our story(s) and what-not. I'll add you to the "What's Your Status?" page if you haven't done that already.

    Since you have your own blog, I assume you know what you're doing. But if you have any questions, feel free to ask!

    Welcome (^_^)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL, I'm already a follower of your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome, Glass Case! I will check out your blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello and welcome to the blog. Hopefully you can find more support that "fits" you here with this bunch of ladies. Many have been through the same thing and we all are dealing with this ugly thing called infertility. In the beginning the cheerleading type support feels good because you want to be optimistic and hope it works but after awhile those niave feelings go away and you become sort of bitter (you can't help it) so it's nice having people that you know just understand because they have been there and are there at the same time. Plus it's really nice not hearing "I just know this will work for you!!!!" having so many people so sure about something you have no hope in what so ever. Kind of like having someone standing in front of you telling you just how sure they are that unicorns exist and one is going to show up in front of your car before work tomorrow morning.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome GC, and thanks for sharing your story, I hope you feel 'at home' here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wasssuuup GC -- where've you been all our infertile lives?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi. Looking forward to getting to know you better. Sorry for your losses, your dominant follie, all the crap with the clinic... all of it. We'll try to help you "shake things up" :)

    It's funny... every time I read "GC" I think gestational carrier... No, that's not it...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Welcome Glass Case! You've found a great group of very strong women. Strong because we have to be just to get through the days, not that we chose to be. We encourage all kinds of thought...especially snarky, sarcastic, silly, bitter, mean, TMI, angry, scream at the world kinds. We're here to listen...and truly get it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Welcome to the dark side, Glass Case! Mwahahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wel-come GC , you will fit right in here. Glad you found us :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow ladies, you rocked my blogosphere tonight, thanks for the warm welcome. I am so glad I found you!

    Christa- A familiar face! I think I found this through your blog actually maybe....

    HolmesHX2- Thank you, I am so sick of the baby dust, unicorn spewing set, who know this will work for me.

    Can't wait to get to know you all better! And glad to know I can be my bitter bitchy self and you will love me anyways.

    (Shaw Love- I think the photo you are referring to is actually Arches National Park...)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am late to the party, but I welcome you with big arms nonetheless. You are in good ol'fashion company - our clan is one of the best out there!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. GC - Welcome. Your blog is amazing. I teared up reading it this morning. You really capture the emotions we all go through with this. Glad you are here with us twisted twats. :) Hope that didn't offend anyone. hehe

    ReplyDelete
  15. rie, "twisted twats" made me spew tea on my keyboard this morning.....
    Glass Case, glad you found us!

    ReplyDelete
  16. rie, you meanie. LOL.

    Glass Case, welcome! I think you rock. You had me at "hear me roar."

    ReplyDelete