Thursday, April 15, 2010

Iron deficiency and infertility

Hey girls,

More advice please....

I went to GP yesterday and iron level came back as being 13 (norm range 15-200) which means I am iron deficient. When I did bloods 18 months ago I was 14 so GP told me to take a supplement, which I did every day, but it obviously has not worked seen as I am worse now than I was before. Now I have started with a "proper" iron medication ie from a pharmacy not a herbal store.

So of course I got straight home and started the google search for a link b/w iron deficiency and infertility. There seems to be some link however everything seems to be. I swear there will be a study soon on finding a link b/w farting and infertility. Oh and I found info about iron deficiency and heart palpitations (once again link b/w everything on google). No wonder I feel like I have no energy all the time.

Does anyone have info for me?

4 comments:

  1. OMG- I just about fell over laughing at that comment....link b/w farting and infertility bhaahaaaa-Oh my tummy hurts from laughing lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. FINALLY, the cause of my IF revealed!!! Must stop eating Mexican food!!! LMAO

    ReplyDelete
  3. i got nothin re: infertility and anemia. they say taking vit c w/your iron makes it absorb better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've got nothing beyond the fact that my acupuncturist put me on iron the other day. Not because my levels are low (I have no idea what my levels are - I'm not sure they've ever been bad since no one has ever said anything to me), but because she said it would be a good idea leading up to IVF.

    I'll ask her next week if she knows something I don't! :)

    ReplyDelete