Saturday, April 10, 2010

Finally some good news... no not THAT kind of good news

Needless to say, after several failed IVF attempts not even close to being covered by insurance, we're in a pretty dismal financial hole. So, after looking for a job for quite a while, it looks like I've finally scored a pretty cool one! Yay! I'm going to be delivering pharmacy supplies to nursing homes. Looks like the pay is pretty good. It's mostly late evening/early night hours, but most nights I should be home by 1am. No biggie for me since that's when I'm up to lately anyways. And when I do my next cycle, it's very flexible as far as days off & me needing to be here in the mornings for doctor appointments. I did my first ride-along for training tonight & I think I'm going to like it. Yay! Seems like finally something is going right for me! Anyways, just thought I'd share.

Other than jobs, has anyone else come up with creative cash earning ideas? Just wondering how everyone else is managing to cope with the HUGE bills...

4 comments:

  1. Yeah!! I hope it works out for you. I have a pretty hefty IVF bill even though I had insurance and got a grant too. We have spent well over $15,000 and I do feel the pain! I hear they are hiring for the census... no joke, I have a friend that is doing it. I don't know how much it costs, but it's money!!
    Good luck with everything!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's fantastic news!!! IVF definitely hasn't been cheap for any of us, so glad you found a way to bring in some extra cash. My sister, who just had to quit her regular job for a full time school schedule, is looking into this notary position where different banks hire you to go to people's houses to basically watch them sign refinancing papers. You can choose how many you do a week and each one pays $100. I'm not sure where you'd look into it but maybe I can ask for you and let you know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, Momsie...it's such a relief when something goes right for a change!

    So happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Momsie- That's awesome news, it's always nice to hear some good news on here!!

    ReplyDelete