Thursday, May 13, 2010

Checking in...

Hey. Ok so I know I haven't been around in forever except for one random I hate mother's day post. My new job is going great. I'm delivering medicines for pharmacies to nursing homes. I run a regular route that leaves at 7 at night & depending on which route I have, I'm usually home by midnight. Then I also get calls during the day (and sometimes at night) for emergency deliveries. I've worked every night since I got the job 3 weeks ago except for last night. I don't mind working that much though because I'm really enjoying the job & we can use the cash. I just hop in the car & turn on my music & sing really loud & go. It's actually fun.

Anyways, we leave for our vacation tomorrow. Yay! My goal was to loose 20 lbs by the time we left, but I always said I'd be very happy with anything over 10. So... the final total is... drumroll... 14 lbs. lost. Yay! I'm so excited! I feel so much better. I've been getting lots of compliments in the last 2 weeks with everyone noticing how much I've lost. Makes me happy. It helps that I have this new job & I'm ALWAYS on the go... so I don't have time for snacking. I think that was my biggest issue. Also, I've been trying to stick with the South Beach thing as much as possible.

So, when we get back, it looks like we'll try our one last cycle. If it doesn't work, I think we may look at adoption, but we may just decide to try to enjoy our freedom & not think about kids anymore. I know this is weird to say (but aren't we all just slightly off anyways???), but I'm going to be ovulating during our vacation. Maybe??? Just wishful thinking... Wish I could quit doing that.

Anyways, I love all you gals. I'm off to do some packing & last minute cleaning... We have a friend coming to stay with our 4 furry kids while we're gone so I want the house to be nice for her!

6 comments:

  1. Good for you! Weight loss is such an accomplishment when there are so many temptations and so many skinny people eating pizza...
    Have fun on your vaca!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 14 pounds! That's something to celebrate! And you did it the right way. Hope your vacation is refreshing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice to hear from you. Congrats on the weight loss, job well done! Enjoy your vacay :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey gals! Vaca is fun so far. Think I'm gaining it all back with lots of good food! LOL.

    ReplyDelete