Thursday, April 1, 2010

What would you do??

I took by BP last night and it's extremely high. I'm really afraid now that if I go for FET or even telling my RE because he may cancel me. Do you guys think I'm being selfish for keeping this to myself? ESP since I just had this same problem with my SIL. Can high BP affect implantation? Maybe it's due to the added stress. Oh boy, I'm confused as to what I should do. Maybe I will still do FET and tell my RE about my BP when/if I get preggers. That sounds bad huh?? Really need your girls opinions!!

What would you do??

5 comments:

  1. It's totally your decision, but for me... if I got a BFN, it would be in the back of my head nagging as a reason. I would tell my RE. They would know if it would/should affect things at all. In the meantime, do some breathing exercises & work on de-stressing. Maybe you can get it to come down...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would tell them, for sure. Maybe they can put you on something for it. There is one B-class blood pressure med out there, methyl-something.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would tell them, too. What you want is a successful cycle, not just a cycle for the sake of it. If they decide not to go forward, it's better for you to wait a little while longer and have a better shot at success than waste your embryos. Sorry Krissy, I know this is unbelievably frustrating.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks guys, I do have my first acupunture appt this Saturday so maybe that will help. If it's still up by next week then I will make an appt with RE to discuss my options. GRRRR if it's not one thing, it's another :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Krissy, I'm not sure how high your BP is, but I've had hypertension for as long as I can remember. My BP was often high (diastolic over 100) at my ETs because I was so stressed. I definitely get "white coat hypertension." They always did the ET anyway. So it won't necessarily stop your FET, I don't think.
    I'm on methyldopa, which is the word Babywarrior was trying to get out. :) I was on labetalol until I got pregnant.
    Good luck ...

    ReplyDelete